1. Best Book You Read In 2016?
Ugh it’s so hard to chose just one book but umm I think More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Made You Up by Francesca Zappa. It was sooo bad and i found it to be a really inaccurate portrayal of schizophrenia.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
Columbine by Dave Cullen. It’s the first non-fiction I’ve ever read and it was soo sooo good.
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
I don’t really know many people, so I don’t rec a lot of books
5. Best series you started in 2016? Best Sequel of 2016? Best Series Ender of 2016?
Best series I started: To All the Loves I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Hann
Best Sequel:Blue Lily Lily Blue
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2016?
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
The Picture of Dorian Grey by Oscar Wilde
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas, that book was soooo soooo good.
9. Book You Read In 2016 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Probably Blue Lily Lily Blue, because I need to reread the first three books of The Raven Cycle to read The Raven King
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2016?
I love the cover for A Torch Against the Night by Sabaah Tahir.
11. Most memorable character of 2016?
That’s a really hard question but I think Frankie Presto
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2016?
Making Faces by Amy Harmon was really beautiful.
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2016?
Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult, was so Though Provoking
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2016 to finally read?
11/22/63. I can’t believe I was hesitant to read it.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2016?
“Babies are such blank slates. They don’t come into this world with the assumptions their parents have made, or the promises their church will give, or the ability to sort people into groups they like and don’t like. They don’t come into this world with anything, really, except a need for comfort. And they will take it from anyone, without judging the giver. I wonder how long it takes before the polish given by nature gets worn off by nurture.”
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2016?
Shortest Book: The Strange Library by Haruki Marukami
Longest Book:11/22/63 by Stephen King
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
The Secret Lies of Minnow Bly by Stephanie Oakes
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
I really don’t ship book characters that much but I guess Cress and Thorne
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Angelina: Aled and Frances ^_^
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2016 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
Radio Silence by Adam Silvera
21. Best Book You Read In 2016 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
I really can’t think of any atm.
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2016?
I don’t really crush on fictional characters
23. Best 2016 debut you read?
I didn’t read any 2016 debuts
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
I reread The Diviners. The setting in that book is A+
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
My Life Next Door was soooo cute!
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2016?
I legit never cry at books but Making Faces was really sad
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
The Five Stages of Andrew Branley by Shaun David Hutchinson was A+ and super underrated
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera : (
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2016?
The Humans by Matt Haig was really unique
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
The Blood of Olympus because it was so godamn anti-climatic.
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2016?
I just started using WordPress in September but I love Lia’s blog : )
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2016?
I like the review I wrote for Columbine
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
I really like my thing about Diversity in Adult Books
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
I can’t think of anything, but I’m participating in a blog tour in January, so I’m really looking forward to that!
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2016?
Starting this blog!
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
I guess juggling reading with school and feeling motivated to read.
9. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
The book community on Twitter!
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I participated in the goodread reading challenge, and I reached my goal of reading 100 books
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2016 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2017?
More Than This by Patrick Ness also Monsters and Men by Patrick Ness!
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2017 (non-debut)?
History is All You left Me by Adam Silvera!
3. 2017 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2017?
Honestly I can’t think of a single one.
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2017?
Read More Diverse Books!
6. A 2017 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
The Education of Margot Sanchez was pretty good!
Y’all should this, it’s really fun!