I’m gonna be real honest for a moment and say that 2018 has arguably been the worst year of my life. Even though time is just a construct and a new year doesn’t mean my problems are going to away, I’m looking forward to say good riddance to 2018 and welcome 2019 with open arms. So today I thought I’d just talk a little about the highlights of my year and what I hope to achieve next year.
- Love, Simon: I had the pleasure of getting to see Love, Simon at an early screening thanks to HCCFrenzy and it was honestly just such a great experience. Love, Simon has quickly became my new favorite movie and have watched it over 50 times (oops?). I’m so glad that 2018 brought us the first first Hollywood gay romcom and I really hope that there will be more movies like it in the coming years.
- Bridge of Clay: I highkey never thought that I’d say this but 2018 brought me Markus Zusak’s new book. I’ve been waiting for this book for years and it’s so surreal to have finally been able to read it. It was everything I wanted and more, and I’m looking forward to waiting another millenia for what he comes out with next.
- Public Speaking: I never thought that public speaking is something that I’d find joy in, but it has honestly been my most memorable experience at college so far. I took the class in Fall of 2017, and have been a teaching assistant along with other amazing people for the past semesters. Never thought that I’d willingly wake up to get to a 8:30 class, but it’s always the one thing I look forward to. I can’t wait to do it for the last time before I graduate.
- Literary Magazine: In the winter I joined the editing team of my college team and while it’s been a little rough and not really what I expected, I still thoroughly enjoy the experience. The people are a tad bit pretentious but I mean aren’t we all?
- Novel: I’ve been going through my novel for the last couple of times in preparation for querying. It’s weird because I usually find more and more things to hate about my work, the more I read it, but with this one the more I read it, the more I love it. I’ve been working on my baby for four years and it’s finally time to start showing it to the world.
- Graduating: After two shit years of hell, I’m finally going to be graduating from CEGEP( weird Quebec thing between High School and Uni). I’ve learnt a lot about myself in those two years, but I’m going to be so glad to say goodbye to that hellhole
- Uni: The dream is to go to McGill to get my Bachelor of Education in Secondary English so fingers crossed! Wherever I end up,I intend to make uni the best possible four years. I know it’s going to be hard but I’ve learnt so much about myself since starting college that I really think that these will finally be my years,
- Querying: I never thought that my novel would be reading, but I think that 2019 is finally the year that I send Dried Roses out to agents. I’m bracing myself for rejections but with a lot of Kleenex and ice cream, I think I’ll be okay. All I can do is hope for the best!
- Blogging: I feel like I say this every year but I really want to be more involved in the blogging world. I want to comment more, interract with more bloggers. I love blogging but I know there’s so much that I can do.
What About You? How Was Your 2018? What Are Your Hopes for 2019? Let Me Know In The Comments Down Below!