So I went to see this movie with my sister and our friend on opening night and let me tell you:it was amazing.I have been anxiously anticipating this movie for the longest of the times, and it didn’t disappoint in the slightest. I have a lot of things I want to talk about it, so I’m going.
- The Faithful adaptation: It was very similar to the original one but not in a way that made me feel as though I was just watching a live action repeat of it. It had it’s unique traits while keeping the things that made it the beauty and the beast I know and love.
- Emma Watson: I know a lot of people really don’t like her but I personally found her to be a great Belle and also wow I had no idea she could sing
- The realism of it:One thing that I really appreciated was how the outfits and a lot of aspects were realistic. While they could’ve went with aesthetic of the movie, they kind of went the more realistic route, and showed costumes that were realistic to the area.And while I’m sad that there was no sliding ladder, I appreciate the realistic aspect of them not having a lot of books.
- The music:That soundtrack tho!!!!So on point and so catchy, I loved all the songs and they were all really great.I especially loved the song where the Beast was singing by himself.
- The aesthetic:I love the france aesthetic in the 1700s, the buildings, and furniture is so nice and the entire movie was so beautiful.
- The Beast: I absolutely loved the Beast and he’s like my favorite character ever and he was just really great in this movie.A+
- LeFou:I know a lot of people were pissed because Lefou shouldn’t be the first gay representation we get in Disney and while I do agree that it’s not the best, I did enjoy the little part we did get. He did get a redemption Arc which was great and also HIM DANCING WITH A GUY. I died, it was great, I wish they showed it for more than 2 seconds, I wish it was less subtle. I can’t believe countries are cutting it out.
Have You watched it?Did you like it?