So the perpetualpageturner creates this end of year survey every year so I thought this would be a great way to talk about 2017 in terms of books
Number Of Books You Read: 112
Number of Re-Reads: 2
Genre You Read The Most From: I don’t know honestly- probably contemporary
1. Best Book You Read In 2017?
I loved a lot of books but probably Simon Vs The Homo Sapians Agenda by Becky Albertalli
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t? Internet Famous by Danika Stone
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
Big Little Lies by Lianne Moriatey- damn that book was unexpectedly good.
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
I don’t really push anyone to read anything because I know there’s no point expect for my sister- I recommended her a bunch of books and she read them. Like When Dimple Met Rishi—she really liked that book
5. Best series you started in 2017? Best Sequel of 2017? Best Series Ender of 2017?
I didn’t really read any series this year expect for the Red Rising trilogy: I read that and it was so great. I really didn’t expect to like it as much as I did but it was such an interesting read
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2017?
Anne Marie Mclemore- Wild Beauty was phenomenal
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
The Goldfinch wasn’t quite like anything I’ve read. It was a little hard to read but very good overall.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Definitely Big Littles Lies
9. Book You Read In 2017 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Simon Vs the Homo Sapians Agenda: I’ll probably reread it before I watch the movie
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2017?
11. Most memorable character of 2017?
Gideon from Foolish Hearts- man that boy is a catch
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2017?
I mean I reread my favorite book of all time so if don’t say The Book Thief who am I?
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2017?
Probably The Book of Negroes
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2017 to finally read?
I know I’ve used this book so many times but Simon Vs the Homo Sapians Agenda- it was just so god damn good
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2017?
Idk honestly- nothing really sticks out
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2017?
Longest: Under the Dome by Stephen King
Shortest: The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
The Duke of Bannerman Prep
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
BLUE AND SIMON(as you can tell I am obsessed)
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
I really loved the friendship between Meg and Linus.
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2017 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
History is All You Left Me
21. Best Book You Read In 2017 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
The Street Sweeper
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2017?
I don’t really get fictional book crushes
23. Best 2017 debut you read?
Girl out of Water by Laura Silverman
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
Timekeeper by Tara Sim
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
Brooding YA Hero— so hilarious!!
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2017?
I really can’t think of anything honestly. It’s funny because I am the most emotional person ever but books don’t make me cry
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
The Wrong Side of Right- really didn’t expect to like it but it was soooo good!!
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
How to Make a Wish.
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2017?
Sleeping Giants- that book was so weird and I’m still not sure what I read.
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
The Cruelty- that book was horrible and I can’t believe something like that can get published
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2017?
Don’t have a favorite but I love Mariam’s blog and Avery’s
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2017?
I have trouble choosing but I like the review I wrote for Tash Hearts Tolstoy
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
I like this post about the representation that would mean the most to me.
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
I can’t really think of anything
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2017?
Hmm again I really can’t think of anything
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
Not reading as much because of college
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
My The Cruelty Review
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
All of them lol.
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
I found this bookstore near my college that does these monthly Book talk sessions!!
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
Did the goodreads challenge and completed my goal of reading 100 books!!!
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2017 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2018?
All of them but hmmm I really want to finish the Chaos Walking Trilogy and the Raven Boys series
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2018 (non-debut)?
I think the Becky albertalli and Adam silvers is coming out next year so if so then that one!!
3. 2018 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
I honestly can’t think of anything on the top of my head. My knowledge of 2018 releases aren’t that extensive.
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2018?
Again I really can’t think of anything.
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2018?
I want to try to like maybe reach 400 followers by the end of 2018?? Idk a girl can dream
6. A 2018 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone (if applicable):
Emergency Contact is rlly good!!!!
What about you? Did you do an end of year of book survey? What would be some of your answers if you did?